Solved

Budapest to Innsbruck

• 10 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello Everyone,

Just received my Eurail passes.  Tried to make a reservation from Budapest to Innsbruck.  Message I received that passes may not work.  The date is for July 24, ‘23.  Wondering if this is an issue of just waiting to be 90 days away or if it is Eurail pass issue?  Can we use our Eurail pass from Budapest to Innsbruck?

Thank you,

Sean

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 March 2023, 16:31

View original

5 replies

I was able to obtain information from a helpful Eurail representative.  Making progress.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For most day trains, reservations are optional and they should be €3 via e.g. tickets.oebb.at. Eurail overcharges. The night train is also best booked there (via ÖBB), but then by adding the Interrail/Eurail discount and then choosing "One-way tickets and day tickets”.
If you want more specific help, please mention the exact trains you want to book, with date and departure time.

rvdborgt

Thank you very much.  I was able to reserve seats on our trip from Budapest to Innsbruck and then from Innsbruck to Munich.  This was much easier to accomplish using your advice.  The reservations are downloaded and saved as pdf’s.  I was able to click seat reservations only.  I was not able to locate how to add the Global Eurail pass as a discount, but the seat reservations went through.

I was not able to locate a night train in the OBB system from Munich to Rome for early August.  Maybe that has to be 90 days out as well?

Thanks again,

Sean

rvdborgt,

Just a follow up.  I was able to find where to enter the global pass in discounts.  I was also able to set up our family group.  Was not able to find the nightjet though, but I’ll try 90 days out.

Thanks again.

Sean

rvdborgt,

Just a follow up.  I was able to find where to enter the global pass in discounts.  I was also able to set up our family group.  Was not able to find the nightjet though, but I’ll try 90 days out.

Thanks again.

Sean

@Sean Meade No need to try it again. There is no Nighjet running to Roma in August. It will go to Ancona instead (this one is already bookable).