Solved

Budapest to Zagreb IC204 : Are seat reservations needed? If so, how do I book them?

• 22 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi! I’ll be interrailing for the first time this summer July 2023. I was planning on doing Budapest - Zagreb on the 20th July 2023, on the IC204 15:42 - 22:10. The Eurail booking system says this journey requires seat reservations, however shows me the “Prices Unavailable” message. Also, after contacting the MÁV-group (Hungarian railways) about booking seat reservations through their website, they replied to me they only provide seat reservations online if you book the ticket as well, therefore Interrail Pass holders need to book these reservations at an Intenational Ticket Office personally. Could someone help me with this? Are seat reservations really needed? If so, are there any other ways to book them? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 May 2023, 17:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations are optional but recommended in summer. It should be possible on tickets.oebb.at : add Interrail/Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets.

Only possible until 17th July as of now so check in a few days. No need to book it a long time in advance

Thank you so much for your answer! Will do 😊