Solved

Bug with the Eurostar Amsterdam-London booking

• 29 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone ! 

I am having an hard time trying to book an Eurostar from Amsterdam to London with my Interrail Second Class Global Pass. Surprinsgly, it shows on the website that there is still seats available for the journey on the 3th of July, leaving at 01:15 pm and arriving at 05:00 pm. 

However when I try to book it on the website, I cannot get past the “Review your order” moment, where it tells me that “Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart". Same thing on the b-europe website, where the train is also available, but when I try to book I have this red message : 

I have tried calling the number but no answer for now. I am really really relying on this precise ticket so it would mean the world if someone could help me. 

Thank you for your time and have a nice day. 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 29 June 2022, 08:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can call  b-europe and make the reservation. No need of Pass Cover Number.

The phone call is rather expensive.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Contact/Contact-Centre

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You could also call SNCF, but I'm not sure if they book the Eurostar to Amsterdam. They book the Eurostar to Paris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There MAY be open seats-but that does not mean its for passes-there is just a small quota open for passholders-on this forum there are many people every day who are desperate or not understand.

BTW-as its owned by your national society-who has invented this system of quota-blame them. They cannot have trains run full of passholders paying hardly 1 franc/sou as its all international and commercial. Same-same for the Thalys. Plus that on strike days in GB it seems this €* will not run to AMS-only to BRU.

Also note that as it passes FR=the hexagone, it also counts it as 1 travelday in home-country! This surprises quite a few who thought to be smart.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There MAY be open seats-but that does not mean its for passes-there is just a small quota open for passholders

@mcadv 

There are pass holder seats available. Or at least there were when I made the post. 

There MAY be open seats-but that does not mean its for passes-there is just a small quota open for passholders

@mcadv

There are pass holder seats available. Or at least there were when I made the post. 

Thank you to everyone for your answers. I have reached the b-europe help and it seems that this train is indeed no longer available, and that it only shows in the website because of a bug. Luckily, I was able to find a similar ticket for the next day so it’s ok. Thank you again, your answers were very helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@mcadv has a good point regarding that a travel from Amsterdam to London will use one of your outbound/inbound travel days in France. If you already have traveled out of France to get to Amsterdam, you will not be able to use a pass holder seat on the Eurostar to get back to France.

@mcadv has a good point regarding that a travel from Amsterdam to London will use one of your outbound/inbound travel days in France. If you already have traveled out of France to get to Amsterdam, you will not be able to use a pass holder seat on the Eurostar to get back to France.

Indeed, it is subtle but I already understood this so I took a ticket myself to get out of France on the first day. It’s a pity this little stops in Lille cost my two inbounds/outbounds travel days but I guess it’s the game.