Solved

Bugs with reservations

Hi everyone ! 

I want to make a seat reservation with my France-Germany pass. 

When I am not connected with my e-mail adress, the site shows that seats are available. However, the moment I connect, it is impossible to load anything. And the site says that the seats are not available.

Can someone help me please ? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 July 2023, 12:08

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I want to make a seat reservation with my France-Germany pass. 

When I am not connected with my e-mail adress, the site shows that seats are available.

That is not possible. The Interrail website only shows availability when you're logged in.

However, the moment I connect, it is impossible to load anything. And the site says that the seats are not available.

Please mention route, date and departure time so we can check what is going on.

Hi,

We wish to go from Berlin Suedkreuz at 6:07 am, to Paris-Est (arrival at 14:52 pm).

The trip goes from Berlin Suedkreuz with ICE 1001 to ERFURT HBF. 

Then from ERFURT HBF to Frankfurt(MAIN)HBF with ICE 1654. 

Then from Frankfurt(MAIN)HBF to Paris-Est with ICE 9554. 

The Frankfurt - Paris is the one we want to make seat reservations and actually can’t. *

Thanks for your reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Berlin-Erfurt-Frankfurt can be booked on bahn.com for €4.90 in total.

You can book Frankfurt-Paris free of charge at any SNCF ticket office, it's called "parcours d’approche”.

You forgot to mention the travel date so we still can't check.

Oh sorry, the date is the 23rd of July

Also, we want to use our France-Germany pass and only order the seat reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This train Frankfurt-Paris is fully booked in 2nd class (see SNCF website). And that is the case for more direct trains Frankfurt-Paris on that day.

Alternatives: use a regional train to cross the border, e.g. from Saarbrücken to Forbach or Metz, or from Offenburg to Strasbourg (use "via Appenweier”), and then book a TGV from there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ICE9554 is full on 23rd July. Most trains that day are so it’ll be hard finding an alternative. When one will be found, book it ASAP.

If you’re already in Germany then you’ll have to pay the reservation costs as only SNCF ticket counters offer them for free.

I have found a solution ! 

We will go from Berlin to Strasbourg with the pass, and booked a train from Strasbourg to Paris right away ! 

Thank you one more time for all the fast answers. I really appreciate it ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah nice ! Where are you connecting ? In Baden-Baden ? Please note that the 4 min connection surely won’t be possible as German trains are very often delayed. For example ICE71 had 10 min delay and the one an hour later 25 minutes...

I will be connecting in Baden Baden indeed…

However, we are supposed to be in Strasbourg around 2:30 pm and our train at strasbourg is at 3:44pm. 

We planned an our in case of delayed trains. Do you think that will be enough ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah an hour is enough as there is a later connection if needed :

• RE Baden-Baden - Appenweier 14:31 - 14:51
  • RB Appenweier - Strasbourg 15:11 - 15:36

If on the day you expect to miss the earlier connection better wait in Karlsruhe as it’s a bigger station and city.

• ICE73 arrival 13:09 (+ delay)
  • RE to Appenweier departure 14:07

Thanks ! I will save this in case ! Nice to have a recommandation in case of delay.