Solved

Buying a ticket when I already have a reservation

• 29 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a 7 day Eurail pass that I intend to use next month. I made reservations with Trenitalia for a trip from Milan to Venice. My plans have changed and I now want to travel 8 days by train. It would cost me less to pay for a ticket instead of using my Eurail pass between Milan and Venice, and use my pass on a more expensive trip. Can I keep my reservation and buy a ticket, or do I have to use the pass? The reservation says I’m using my pass.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 29 May 2023, 00:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations and pass are completely separate. It's not a problem to buy another ticket and not use the passholder reservation. However you'll not get it refunded so double-check which day isn't worth using a pass.

If you've activated the pass in advance, please deactivate it as once a travel day has started, it cannot be cancelled. You can activate the pass at any point (it is not required to make seat reservations).

Btw for Italy (and other countries) it's best to avoid eurail.com with extra fees. Instead use tickets.oebb.at (no booking fee) : add Interrail/Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets.