Solved

Buying Upgrade for missing-link in NightJet?

• 11 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello all,

On 18 October I'll take the NightJet from Vienna to Arnhem (and after then with the intercity Arnhem-Nijmegen), my homestay-country is The Netherlands. I don't want to spoil my inbound-trip for just 18 km (Emmerich(Gr)-Arnhem) and after then buying a full price ticket Arnhem-Nijmegen. DB and NS-International sells tickets with BahnCard 100, very handy for buying-tickets without having to pay for the German part, (not official, but CIV shouldn't have abandoned the possibility to sell tickets from and to the border.

ÖBB sells Reservations with Teilgültigkeit, (but not online, so only optional if you live in Austria, or not so far-away from the Austrian border). How could I solve this? Buying a ticket Emmerich(Gr)-Nijmegen, or sending a mail to ÖBB for an option? Are here Dutch travellers who have had the same problem like me and which solution did they have found? And how much will a Reservation with ‘Teilgültigkeit cost more). Does someone have such ticket and could he/she put here a photo of this reservation?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 11 October 2023, 11:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I would try to buy a Emmerich(Gr) - Arnhem ticket at a DB or ÖBB ticket counter. If it doesn't work it shouldn't be an issue at all : the carriage attendant rarely looks at your pass, only at the reservation.

It's only a few km stretch too so they would be understandable.