Solved

Can anyone tell me what happens to my seat reservations if I miss the connection.

• 17 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Can anyone tell me what happens to my seat reservations if I miss the connection.

Can I easily transfer it to a later train by talking to someone at the station.

I am concerned I don’t have enough time to get from Paris Nord to Paris Lyon (50 minutes is what the Interrail Route Planner did).

I think I would like to cancel it and transfer to a later train to give more time. But then I’d have to cancel the reservations which seems tricky. How do I cancel a seat reservation?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 August 2022, 22:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

50 minutes is normally enough and even allows for small delays. This transfer can be done in about 25 minutes from train to train using the RER if you already have a ticket for the RER (or if you know how the ticket machines work and there's no queue) and you know your way around the stations.

If you're using a TGV or Thays to Paris Nord, then buy an RER ticket from the bar.

How to cancel or change a reservation depends on where you bought it.

Thanks, Good to know.

I’ve worked out how to cancel my existing reservations in my Eurail account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This RER ticket is simply a local metro ticket for the inner zone: Paris-inside the boulevard periferique-also valid on RER. DO use RER=much faster, on the far left side of gare du Nord. Ticket is 1,90-only a very few machines take cash still -and mostly then have no change for 2€. Also only a very few machines for now still sell paper tickets (with old-style magn.stripe-these are announced many times to be fased out). Keep ticket-you also need it to pass gate at way-out on RER

Those ´sold´ in the bar are often non-existent, sold out/epuisëe, or turn out to be used/outdated.

As I used €* the other day from Lon; there are now-long live this brexit thing!! also spot checks by customs (=NOT passports, but illegal imported goods, it is also forbidden to take any dairy/milk/meat etc into EU-even that ch+Ham sarny)) on the way out