Solved

Can I book 'premium' tickets with my 2nd class interrail pass?

• 10 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello! I’ll be traveling in Scandinavia soon with my 2nd class Interrail pass, and will take multiple long-distance trains. As such, together with the EnTur agency, I booked seat reservations for journeys like Trondheim - Bodø and Oslo - Bergen. However, both trains have no 1st class, but a premium class. EnTur told me that I can pay a seat upgrade to sit in premium with my 2nd class ticket. For both tickets I had to pay €30 & €20 extra for the ‘upgrades’. However, now after reading some posts in here, i’m a bit doubting if this is actually possible. Will I be fined, since I have no 1st class Interrail ticket?

icon

Best answer by Schelte 10 January 2023, 13:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I think this page is pretty clear that it's possible: 

"The reservation fee for 2nd class Passes is 50 NOK (approximately €5) per seat in the standard area or 200/300NOK (approximately €20/€30) for a seat in the Komfort, Pluss or Premium area (depending on the train company)." https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-norway

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think this is possible. 1st class pass holders get these for free. The seats are the same by the way. You just get free water/tea/coffee.