Solved

Can I take the train to Wool station with my pass?

• 15 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Before starting my question, let me tell you that I’m from Korea, and this is my first time to use Eurail pass, so there could be some problems with my English and informations of Eurail pass.

I am planning a trip to Wool from West Ealing at October 21 with my Eurail pass,

and the train from Waterloo to Wool shows like this.

“You're ready to board

You can buy a seat reservation if you like but it's not required.

Not available from Eurail.com

This seat reservation can’t be booked on our website. Check 'More information' for other ways to book.”

Does that mean I can take a train to Wool from Waterloo without any problem using my pass?

It’s just that I can’t reserve a seat with it, right?

And if I can take the train with my pass, Can I just sit at any vacant seat?

I tried to reserve a seat in National Rail, and in Trainline, just to make sure my seat.

I could reserve a seat in there, but it starts with about 78£. 

I didn’t know tickets would be that expensive.

So, if I am able to take a train with my pass, I won’t reserve a seat and just take train with my pass.

My budget is not that generous.

Thanks for reading my question post.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 15 August 2023, 05:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Those trains as well as almost all others in Britain are valid with your pass without having to pay anything else.

Despite what that says, there are no reservations possible on this train. All seats are unreserved.

The price you have seen on Trainline is for buying a ticket, you already have a ticket, the eurail pass.

Trains in Britain never require reservations. Only the International Eurostar service to France and Belgium does.

For the trains that do allow reservations they can be made for free at any manned ticket office in Britain or by setting up an account at www.gwr.com

Those trains as well as almost all others in Britain are valid with your pass without having to pay anything else.

Despite what that says, there are no reservations possible on this train. All seats are unreserved.

The price you have seen on Trainline is for buying a ticket, you already have a ticket, the eurail pass.

Trains in Britain never require reservations. Only the International Eurostar service to France and Belgium does.

For the trains that do allow reservations they can be made for free at any manned ticket office in Britain or by setting up an account at www.gwr.com

Thanks for your kind and informative answer.
Actually, I was worried about another tickets in Britain, from Windsor Eton central to Dover priory and from Dover priory to West Ealing, but with your answer, my worries have been solved. 

Now I think I can handle my journeys in Britain,

because now I know that I could take most of the trains in Britain with my pass, 

and even if I couldn’t, I could just buy tickets from any manned ticket office or through www.gwr.com .

Thank you, Al_G !