Solved

Can I use my old reservation with my newly exchanges Eurail Pass?

Hi, I have a question. I bought Eurail Pass from an agency.

I have two versions of Eurail Pass as the second version was issued for correcting surname which was shorten the last 4 letters by an issuer of the original pass (it seems surname is too long).

I have reserved tickets of high-speed train from original version of Eurail pass. However, the conductors will validate my high-speed train tickets and my second version of Eurail pass.

I’d like to inquire if there will be any problem of unmatched name/QR code or anything at validation ?

Thanks you.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 August 2022, 13:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sawasdee khrap, khun Narathorn.

The MAIN thing is that nr of passport is same-same, and in fact there is a ruling that not the surname but first name can be shortened to just 1 initial letter. Now I visit your beautiful country famous for its spicy food very often (but not the last 2 yrs) and hence do know that Thai hardly ever use surnames. Plus that the spelling of Thai script into latin is also very often different. But in passpt official of your rattabaan should stand the accepted western translation.

It only happens very, very rarely that ID/passpt are checked and I guess you look very much Thai to all these farang here. Lakhon lae choke dee duay! (this laptop has no Thai in it-sorry)

Thanks for information ! I made a research and found out the surname in Eurail pass should not be shorten but it was and I reserved the seats with the shorten surname before the Eurail pass got corrected. That means surname in my tickets is not anymore identical to the one in my revised Eurail pass. Is that acceptable for conductor ? Anyway my surname in billing document of reserved tickets is correct and I am thinking if it should be enough to prove I’m an owner of the tickets.

I see you are from Netherlands and I’m going to this country for the first time ! 

Hi, I have a question. I bought Eurail Pass from an agency.

I have two versions of Eurail Pass as the second version was issued for correcting surname which was shorten the last 4 letters by an issuer of the original pass (it seems surname is too long).

I have reserved tickets of high-speed train from original version of Eurail pass. However, the conductors will validate my high-speed train tickets and my second version of Eurail pass.

I’d like to inquire if there will be any problem of unmatched name/QR code or anything at validation ?

Thanks you.

Hi Naraton,

Thanks for your question! 
It's fine, since your ID/passport number matches the one in your Pass there will be no doubts in controls. You can also use the reservations for your new Pass.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Annie