Solved

Can't add Venice to Germany trip to German pass

I have a 3 day out of a month German pass and want to add my train from venice to munich however when I go to reserve the train journey it says that one of the countries is not valid despite the trip being included in the german rail pass. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? Already booked my venice hostel!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 10 May 2022, 07:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where are you trying to book? Have you checked that the train you select is run by DB or ÖBB?

Routes from Germany to Italy

The German Rail Pass is valid to and from the following Italian cities with DB-ÖBB EuroCity trains:

• Bolzano/Bozen
  • Trento
  • Verona
  • Bologna
  • Venice
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You don't need the Eurocity Fee (10€) that is required for the DB-ÖBB Eurocity for Interrail Global Pass and Interrail Italy Pass users, this is why you can't buy the reservation/fee for the train. You can buy an optional reservation via bahn.com with the seat only option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can ONLY use the DIRECT trains (these have cars from OeBB) with this pass. NOT the many more connections partly on trenItalia. There may be only 1 or 2/day.

In the past it was not even needed to add trips to a 1-country pass, but I guess this has also changed with the new style mobile.

I was booking the journey through the eurrail app but I will try through the deutschebahn website instead. 

There aren’t any direct trains like suggested above. Unless going venice - verona - munich is considered a direct option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There aren’t any direct trains like suggested above. Unless going venice - verona - munich is considered a direct option?

Sure there are direct trains. But not a lot. The direct Venice - Munich trains leave at 13:35 and 15:35 from Venezia Santa Lucia.