Solved

Can't book a seat reservation but it's still showing up in the search?

I’ve tried several times now to book a reservation for a train from Hamburg to Copenhagen on 8th-9th August, leaving just before midnight and arriving just before 7am. 

The seat is showing up on the search results unlike fully booked seats on other trains where there’s a message that the price is unavailable. 

I can add the seat to my cart, but at the last page before payment I get an error message. 

Why can’t I book the seat? Is this a problem with the Interrail website or have all the seats been fully booked? 

Thank you if someone can help! 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 7 August 2022, 13:09

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

try via DSB, but this trains are getting full currently.

https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

Thank you! Seems like the seats are fully booked. I had to buy a full-price ticket then. Need to check reservations earlier next time! Good to know it’s possible to book them from the train company’s own site too!

Ah now I got a refund for the full-price seat I booked too. Still the train doesn’t show up as fully booked on any websites, it’s strange! But I can’t book a ticket through anywhere. 

Has this ever happened to someone before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What date, time and route are ypu trying to make a reservation for? Where are you trying to make the reservation?

I saw now that it is in the description.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you! Seems like the seats are fully booked. I had to buy a full-price ticket then. Need to check reservations earlier next time! Good to know it’s possible to book them from the train company’s own site too!

You can't get a full price ticket if the seats are fully booked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You are either still using the wrong site or did not understand; on this line- IF there are normal full-fate tix, then it is also always possible, but VIA DSB.DK site!! to make RES.

And-again-as about anyone thinks s/he is the first and has not idea s/he is more the 12345th: it is also always possible to make this trip without any RES and with more changes-RE to Flensburg-DSB to Kolling or Fredericia-DSB again-via Odense to K/obenhavn.

Unfortunately I can’t take an alternative route, I’m arriving in Hamburg at 9pm and I need to be in Copenhagen at 8am, the alternative routes would mean I’d have to leave earlier or arrive later than I can :( 

And I’ve tried both sites and neither of them works (Interrail and DSB). But neither of them has any text saying the train would be fully booked.

I only realised yesterday that I need to make a reservation for this journey, I’ve travelled the same route before without reservations but I think that then I did the alternative route with more changes! I would have booked the seat more in advance if I had known I need to book it.

Has anyone tried to get on a train without a seat reservation…? I wonder what they would charge me! If I can’t get a ticket but the train isn’t full that would seem like the best option!

Also, I think it’s definitely possible to buy a full-price ticket to some trains even when seats for Interrail card holders are fully booked. At least Eurostar always has tickets for all their trains on their website but the Interrail seats sell out very fast. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also, I think it’s definitely possible to buy a full-price ticket to some trains even when seats for Interrail card holders are fully booked. At least Eurostar always has tickets for all their trains on their website but the Interrail seats sell out very fast. 

I know that, but I was referring to the specific trains between Germany and Denmark. 

The only trains with quotas on pass holder seats are, as far as I know, the Eurostar and the Thalys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The only trains with quotas on pass holder seats are, as far as I know, the Eurostar and the Thalys.

Most international high speed trains from/to France have pass holder quotas. Only Paris - Basel - Zurich don't but the reservation fees are eye-watering.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Most international high speed trains from/to France have pass holder quotas. Only Paris - Basel - Zurich don't but the reservation fees are eye-watering.

It may be worth mentioning that SNCF has a 2 tier reservation fee for pass holders - 10 euros per seat on quota for early birds and then 20 euro per seat with no quota until train is full.