Solved

Can't book Euromed tickets?

• 6 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m trying to book the high-speed train from Barcelona to Valencia (Renfe Euromed) on July 7th, however when checking all the popular websites to book online (Trainline, Renfe, Omio) there is no option to book this train. I have checked other dates out of curiosity and sometimes the train comes up and sometimes it doesn’t. For example, it is available to book on May 13, but not on May 12 or 14. Can someone please help? 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 6 May 2023, 08:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Timetable is likely not yet published for July but it is going to be similar to current one. Just check from time to time.

Timetable is likely not yet published for July but it is going to be similar to current one. Just check from time to time.

Hey Martin, thanks for the reply. Is there a way for me to know when the timetable will be published? I have been checking regularly as I thought it was about 60 days in advance you could book. I am worried it will sell out if I miss it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you travelling with Eurail or do you want to buy ordinary tickets?

Are you travelling with Eurail or do you want to buy ordinary tickets?

I have Eurail so it would be preferred, but from my understanding it is very difficult to make reservations for Spanish trains if you want the Eurail discount. At this stage I was just looking for ordinary tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

"The man in seat 61" has good information about reservations in Spain. There are travellers in the Community who successfully have mailed the travel agency he recommends for seat reservations in Spain.

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm#Spain

Hi Myles, I am in a similar situation for the end of October. No sign yet (in Sept) of my preferred train but ticket have been released up to mid-Oct. For your July trip, when was the timetable eventually released? Hope your trip was a success. Many thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Myles, I am in a similar situation for the end of October. No sign yet (in Sept) of my preferred train but ticket have been released up to mid-Oct. For your July trip, when was the timetable eventually released? Hope your trip was a success. Many thanks. 

Unfortunately, Renfe releases timetables totally unpredictably. In this case engineering works down the line (between Valencia and Alicante) might mean timetables are not definitive yet.