Solved

Can't book Karlsruhe Hbf to Paris Est

• 13 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi!

I don’t succeed to make a seat reservation from Karlsruhe Hbf to Paris Est. When I try to make the reservation on DB’s website it says that 'seat reservation is impossible’. Does anyone know if it will be possible sooner (I will travel 20th of July) or does it mean that it is fully booked?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 13 June 2022, 17:56

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On this route it is not possible to get a reservation online via DB. Only at their Ticket offices, Call center or SNCF call center or ticket office. Online only via Interrail.eu

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

On this route it is not possible to get a reservation online via DB. Only at their Ticket offices, Call center or SNCF call center or ticket office. Online only via Interrail.eu

But Interrail.eu send then a paper reservation :/

Thank you a lot for the help! Do you think I can wait to buy the seat reservation just before I get on the train?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In this case also possible via DB Call Center, but there you have to collect the reservation at a ticket machine in Germany or via postal mail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is that new? That used to be an online reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you a lot for the help! Do you think I can wait to buy the seat reservation just before I get on the train?

Depends on the date, but in general better to make it in advance… As you are traveling during summer season, it might be sold out otherwise :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF full-use local train to reach Strasbourg via Offenburg and then TGV (ev hour) domestic FR to P=much cheaper too, but takes more time and have to compete with the overlaod on 9€ tix in DE.

These fast trains IN (and thus also TO) FR have special small quota for passholders, so fior pass may appear ´full´ but not for higher payers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is that new? That used to be an online reservation.

A friend got it as paper reservation with CIV 1080 which means they booked via DB bookingsystem :)