Solved

Can't book reservation from London to Aberdeen

• 10 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I was trying to book a reservation for the train from London to Aberdeen, but it didn't work. It said that that's online possible if you book it directly at a train Station in the UK. I'm afraid though that there won't be any reservations left if I only book it once I arrived in the UK. Is there any other way to book it beforehand? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 March 2022, 18:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

UK reservations can't be done online because the RDG (the association of GB train operators) decided they didn't need to be connected to any other reservation system anymore.

Check on www.nationalrail.co.uk which operator operates you train (LNER?) and then contact them and ask for a reservation. It's usually free.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you're using the LNER direct train to Aberdeen, then you should be able to book a reservation here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note that there are just a few direct trains-you have many more connections=change at Edinburgh (and 2nd Scotrail train is NON-reserved anyway). There WILL be place-but perhaps an hour earlier or later as maybe thought now. Or use NON-REServed trains/connect via Glasgow and west-coast Avanti.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

LNER says on their website that reservation is not required and that each of their trains has seats available for passengers without reservation.