Solved

Can't book reservation Lille- Touslouse; ''Find alternate connection, unavailable leg''

• Right on track
  • 3 replies

Me and one other person are trying to reserve seats from Lille to Toulouse, however when I find one of the few seat reservations available on the website once we get to the end of the purchase process the message “please find an alternate connection, the unavailable leg will be removed from your cart” pops up and i cant reserve the seat, this constantly happens and most of the reservations on the interrail website say say ‘prices unavailable’ in red. Anyone know why this is?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 16:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That error can have multiple causes, including train sold out and website problems.

What is your departure time?

25th of June and it leaves at 11:02 from Lille to MONTPELLIER SUD DE FRANCE and then from MONTPELLIER SAINT-ROCH to TOULOUSE MATABIAU.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Seats should be available. Maybe it works if you book the trains separately.

You can also book by phone via SNCF. Press #85 for English, no booking fees (8€ in the screenshot above), reservation is sent via e-mail.

Booking separately does not work, I guess ill try booking with SNCF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do NOT make this connection-you cannot make it. These 2 stops are quite far apart in Mtpl and there is NO decent bus or tram in between-as for now. Train #1 will probably not end there-so check if a stop further on is feasible.

Use planner on bahn.com to see (click on train nr) where trains stop-and see complete run. Change before (Nimes?) might also be possible.

OR-if you can spare an hr-use the local TER trains from Nimes/Beziers-NO REServ even possible-maybe change again Narbonne. However, these IC (old corail stock, running Marseille-Bordeaux) usually have very large quota for passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The situation in Montpelliers is indeed less than ideal.

If you can make it, this is also possible:

Or:

Both ICs are available for 10€.