Solved

Can't book reservation Paris to Bordeaux and return

I have purchased a 1 month 3 day interrail pass for mysefl, wife and 2 children to use on our trip to France in the summer. We need to travel from Paris to Bordeaux for a week and then return just over a week later. If I try and reserve seats on the trains between Paris and Bordeaux on the Eurail website it is telling me that none are available. It says prices are not available and that passholder seats could be sold out. I can see through travel.b-europe that there are reservations on trains that I would like to travel on but that seems to only allow booking for Paper passes and I have mobile passes. I’ve tried contacting support through email but have not had a response yet and it’s been over a week. Are there any other ways to book these reservations? We have limited flexibility so I don’t want reservations to sell out on the trains we want to go on. Anyone got any ideas?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 24 May 2022, 21:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can book by phone at SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Explan: these TGV (run ev hour or even more) have 2 types of seat-allocation for passes:

IF in a small quota you pay 10€

IF over that-as long as there are seats (and there will be for that time) its 20€-BUT the app canNOT handle these and then says its UN/av. App also canNOT handle groups of 5/more: maybe its a bigger family and too anxious to not sit together for 2 hrs?

Somehow I suspect-but SNCF will of coruse never ever tell this-they limit the quota very much on populair days/times and/or even more for 1st (to protect their valued regular customers).