Solved

Can't book reservations for Turin to Lyon

Eeee please please can someone help, we need to go from Turin to Lyon on the 5th August, but when I try to book via the interrail booking it says no seat reservations possible and then when I try to book via scnf-connect I can't find anyway to add in our interrail passes in the discount section????!!

Please please can someone help???

Thanks Lou

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 21 May 2022, 11:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is your departure time in Turin?

Ideally the 15.41 x

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ideally the 15.41 x

Looks like the TGV Turin - Chambéry has no pass holder seats left. You can book the one at 17:38 (28€ + 2€ booking fee) or book a normal ticket for the Frecciarossa at 15:41 (Interrail not valid, current available fare 59€ on www.trenitalia.com).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In the distant past-when people relied on printed timetables to take along-it would have been much easier to plan longer roundabout trips. This seems to have completely gone the way of the dodo-even though the printed EUR rail-timetable still exist and appears ev 3 monhtes fresh.

IF get stuck-and if you fancy a longer route with much more views and some distraction-and save any expesne: use regionale treni via Domodossola-Brig-Geneve-Lyon.

Have not yet used this app myself, but understand there is even a feature for plannign trips withOUT REServazione.