Solved

Can't book seat reservation Germany - Poland

• 13 June 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ll be travelling tomorrow the 14th June from Berlin to Gdansk; I’ve checked and there are still available tickets and plenty available seats! However I’m not able to able to just book a seat reservation online on PKPs website, I also can’t book a seat reservation via DB’s hotline as they would have to mail it to my address, which won’t work in this case. My last option is to get a seat reservation via DB ticket centres (Reisezentrum), however this too seems to not work at the moment as the person working there did not manage to get a seat reservation (seems to be impossible both for tomorrow and any other day in the coming weeks). So now I am a bit clueless of what to do? Cos officially it should definitely be possible to get a seat reservation via the DB ticket centres? What are my options tomorrow?  

icon

Best answer by lovi500 29 June 2022, 11:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This last weekend DB has indeed (unfortunate clash of circumstanes) partly completel set its won and usually quite good- IT system to other ways of handling (mostly for those having BahnCrads or other discount means or frequent customer, like me too).

Do not fear too much about ´full´ness and even in that case for this train: use other WAW trains to Poznan and change to PKP. Try again (bring plenty of time) in the Reisecentre closest by Berlin. Extra cost is about 6-7€

Someone else told me/I read one can now do it via DB-machine (it also gets fields for NUr Reserv after you have chosen train) but for me (I tried this out 2 days ago) it would not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Probably the Polish reservation system has crashed again. This happens from time to time. If the Polish system is down, then reservations are impossible to make.

Are the reservations mandatory on the train? I guess that even if they are. you should be able to travel with the train if reservations are impossible to make.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Probably the Polish reservation system has crashed again. This happens from time to time. If the Polish system is down, then reservations are impossible to make.

Are the reservations mandatory on the train? I guess that even if they are. you should be able to travel with the train if reservations are impossible to make.

Yes they are mandatory when you travel International or within Poland as these Eurocity have are the second highest service in Poland.

Hi @lovi500

Did you manage to get a ticket ok?

I'm doing this journey (Berlin > Gdansk) at the end of July and it's the only part of my journey I'm having problems booking.

It would be a relief to know I can get the ticket the day before in Berlin. 

Thank you,

Hi @Helsbells73 , Yes I did manage to get the seat reservation at the DB Reisezentrum in Berlin; luckily I had enough time before my train left to get a seat ticket! I think I paid 4,5€ for the reservation :)