Solved

Can't book seat reservation; Nice - Milan seat reservations 29th july

• 12 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Trying to book Nice to Milan seat reservations (really the ventimiglia to Milan section) 11.03

on 29th july. Seats are available to purchase but I simply cant find a way to reserve a seat traveling with global passes.  Via Eurail I get the same - temporarily unavailable - check back in a few hours message that’s become all too familiar. 
many help would be extremely gratefully received!!!! I’ve tried OBB by the way and it simply says no tickets available - but I could purchase a fare on lefrecce (basically I’m extremely confused!)

icon

Best answer by Sven 12 June 2022, 15:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Trying to book Nice to Milan seat reservations (really the ventimiglia to Milan section) 11.03

on 29th july. Seats are available to purchase but I simply cant find a way to reserve a seat traveling with global passes.  Via Eurail I get the same - temporarily unavailable - check back in a few hours message that’s become all too familiar. 
many help would be extremely gratefully received!!!! I’ve tried OBB by the way and it simply says no tickets available - but I could purchase a fare on lefrecce (basically I’m extremely confused!)

You have to split the Journey :)
Nice - Ventimiglia is a regionaltrain (No reservation needed and even not possible to reserve)
Ventimiglia - Milan can be reserved on oebb.at by useing the Discoint Interrail/Eurail and Click then on “Single Daytickets” do NOT USE the Seat only option when reserveing italian daytrains via oebb.at.

Thank you. I actually tried that and it’s not coming up with any available tickets at all unless I’m doing something wrong? And I’m searching for tickets and then adding the discount pass as I think is the suggestion?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

You mean train IC 745?

I do yes - thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

This train is listed in the OEBB planner until 22 July. In the DB planner it is for July 29th

I would contact OEBB as to why it isn't in their planner yet.

If you can't wait, I would try to book it through DB BAHN or B EUROPE. This is by phone.

Thank you SO much - that’s incredibly helpful