Can't book seat reservations Spain- too risky to book at the station?

Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning the seat reservations in Spain. On the internet it says that it‘s not possible to make these online. But since I‘ll be travelling this July, so during the holiday season I am concerned that I won‘t get a place on some trains. Does anyone have experiences with this and can tell me if there is a way to book the seats in advance or whether it‘s just not risky to book them at the train station? 

Thanks,

Anne

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is information on different ways to make reservations for Spanish domestic trains:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are every normal year in hi-season=summer numerous complaints of people getting stranded or at least not getting what they wanted. This is mostly as they all want to ride exactly the very same routes and trains and RENFE simply will not allow that. In ESpana you should always have some plan B. Or maybe: be a little more imaginative and use other routes to unknown places. Trains dont go to Malle anyway.

Before you jump that DB can do it: i´ve also read quite a few reports that this may be true, but not in all cases and that most Reisecenter people will not have the slightest clue on how this works or simply fob you off-long time working for just a few € in the till. Persistence may help-or pay more for a specialsit agent-DE has dozens of them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anne.12_22 

Hoffe es ist ok in Deutsch zuschreiben :)

Wie @mcadv sagt DB Reisezentren können Züge in Spanien buchen (allerdings musst du ihnen die Zugnummer sagen bedeutet vorher selbst auf RENFE.com die Verbindungen suchen) Denn die können die Züge nur über Umwege buchen. Wie beschrieben wissen nicht viele Mitarbeiter wie das geht oder bringen nicht die nötige Geduld dafür auf.

Ich persönlich nutze dafür ofmals die Möglichkeiten von erfahrenen Bahnreisebüro´s :) einige haben sich sogar zusammengeschlossen und nennen sich “Die Bahnprofis” und meiner Erfahrung bisher war zu 99% immer positiv. Es gibt noch weitere Agenturen die nicht den “ BahnProfis” angehören aber genauso guten Service bieten. @rvdborgt hat z.B. gute Erfahrungen mit der Bahnagentur Lennestadt gemacht. Webseite der "Bahnprofis"  es kann sein das die Bahnagenturen eine Servicegebühr verlangen da sie von der “provision” des Fahrkartenverkaufs ihre Geschäfte nicht betreiben können.