Solved

Can't book TGV seat reservation Munich to Paris

Hi,

what’s the easiest way to book a seat reservation for a TGV (Munich to Paris), since the Interrail website is currently not working in that matter. I already called the snfc, though they only speak french apparently.

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 1 July 2022, 16:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

a DB ticket office “DB Reisezentrum”
the hotline of DB (delivery method Bahn Tix means pick up from Ticket machine)
a travelagent that handle DB bookings an then even delivered via BahnTix :)

I talked twice to the DB hotline, and both times they said they are not able to book a seat reservation for me for trains outside of Germany … what should I do ?

On the SNCF website, I can’t choose my Interrail Global Pass as abonnement is there a way to do that so I can just buy a seat reservation ?

@seewulf

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

To be utter correct: it is for trains GOING out of DE/=Germ. (hier)

These trains have QUOTa for passholders and these are rather small and taken up quickly in hi-summer-season. Thats why (I just read 4 mins ago a more knowledgeable german forum-by insiders). Though personally I suspect that SNCF sets quota at 0 if they know the train will get full with hefty payers anyway.

Use brains-as has been told here so endless many times: use Nahverkehr=local over the border, IN DE you can use any train and then just over (Strasbourg) ev, hour a TGV that starts there and is not well known or used=much chance (also quota). Yes, this will lengthen the time and is a bit more inconvenient-so use it to best way and plan around it. It still means you will not have to jostle with the giant crowds in local trains here in DE with the 9€ tickets (Yes, I also got a new one today)

It has NEVER been possible to book directly online a seat in the through TGV, by whatever channel-if you are not working for the railroad and have been educated-and getting paid for in how to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jannik 

SNCF speak English if you press #85, reservations are sent via e-mail and no booking fee.

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

@AnnaB  I tried doing that, but then it says the number is not valid. How exactly do I have to write the number with the #85 ? pls help thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You call + 33 1 84 94 3635 and when they start speaking French you press #85 or maybe just 85. 

Okay thanks I will try it out asap!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I talked twice to the DB hotline, and both times they said they are not able to book a seat reservation for me for trains outside of Germany …

They CAN book many trains outside of Germany, but currently not Interrail reservations for domestic trains within France. Your original question was about the TGV Munich - Paris though and DB can definitely book that one.