Solved

Can't book train reservations in Norway ''no trains available''

• 10 June 2022
  • 3 replies

I am travelling in Norway with Eurail pass in late July and August. I want to make a reservation for the train from Voss to Bergen on July 29 and from Trondheim to Oslo on Aug. 11. The Rail Planner tells me there are not trains available for these trips. I saw something about replacement buses -- are there buses for these trips? Do I need to make reservations for the buses? Also, does my eurail pass cover these replacement buses?  I have tried calling Entur but I wait on hold for long periods and then the line goes dead.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 10 June 2022, 20:51

View original

3 replies

There are a couple of trains from Trondheim to Oslo on Aug 11 tghat do not require reservations, but they run too late. The earlier trains say they need a reservation but then do not allow me to buy one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There are a couple of trains from Trondheim to Oslo on Aug 11 tghat do not require reservations, but they run too late. The earlier trains say they need a reservation but then do not allow me to buy one.

Bestway is to call Entour the Norwegian Ticket agency as they can send then the “Reservation” as PDF via E-Mail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It should go without even saying or asking its always best to start with the site of:

the railway concerned.

Now the NOrwegians have organised in efficient Scandinavian style a general system for whoever happens to have th contract to run some trains-thats is EN-Tur. (guess where the N is for?)

Next best is the site of bahn.com- it covers even a little more as app and is far better organised and uptodate and will tell what is needed -or not-but again it will only show what the other railway has ever bothered to put in-Norske are good at that. Italians and ESpanol less so.