Solved

Can't complete the reservation and can't reserve by Deutche Bahn

• 2 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, when I want to reservate the train from Utrecht to Frankfurt (next week), there is a bug in the Interrail-eurail site:

So I can't reservate while it is required. What do I have to do?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 2 July 2023, 17:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is best to book this train through tickets.oebb.at : 3€ per person (no booking fee).

DB can't book this train as it has mandatory reservations (even if it is operated by them...)

However I'll first check if it is not full, highly likely. EDIT : It is full unfortunately. These ICEs have limited capacity and as you can guess it is a popular route.

What is your starting point and final destination ? I'll gladly help you make an itinerary. First alternatives I could think of :

- ICE Utrecht Centraal - Frankfurt Airport 06:40 - 10:17 OR

- IC Utrecht Centraal - Venlo

- RB Venlo - Düsseldorf Hbf

There are others though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

check the tread for more website where to get reservations, most cases it cost less than via interrail website.

In your case you can get a reservation via ÖBB for 3€ or for free with a 1st class pass.

Or via cd.cz for about 3 euro or via NS International (not possible online) for 4 euro.

We can't make a reservation via ÖBB or cd.cz either. So? The train is fully booked? So what to do??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it is full as written in my post. Answer my questions and I’ll gladly help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We can't make a reservation via ÖBB or cd.cz either. So? The train is fully booked? So what to do??

As the train is fully booked you need to change you plans and travel at another time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I seem to be able to book 5 seats now on tickets.oebb.at using "Seat reservation only” (2nd class only):

I can get to the payment page. So be quick and book now.