Solved

can‘t find the track for trains in italy

• 28 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, 

I will be travelling in Italy in December and now I am looking for the specification for the tracks of a the trains of my connections. 

I can‘t find any information on the tracks, not in the railplanner app, in the trainitalia app or in the DB app. I can‘t find them either for todays connections. 

Example: IC730 from Palermo to Messina, 04/12/2023, 10:15 h.

Can someone help me finding some information online about the track of the trains in italy? I think it will be quite helpful to know the right track in advance if you have a short time to change trains. 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 November 2023, 18:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Nothing is as prone to changes as tracks. Just arrive about 20 min before departure at the station, check the big boards in the station and find the right track for your reserved or planned trains. And otherwise check shortly before arriving to the station, the TrenIt! app (but always double check with the station boards).

(Same for France, track numbers aren’t really known in advance).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The trenitalia app will show platforms in real time so you can see your connections when approaching a station where you are changing trains but be aware that they can be altered at short notice so always double-check with the displays on the station.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A good app for Italy is the Trenit app. It has realtime information, platforms and is not so sluggish as the Trenitalia app.

Out of interest which app / website do folks use for ‘seat reservations’ in Italy? Spending 2 weeks there in May.

Thanks

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

www.oebb.at or the OBB app for passholder reservations, they can’t be done on trenitalia.