Solved

Can't find trains to Greece for August

• 1 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I was trying to find a way to get from Budapest to Greece, but on the app, no train stations appear.

I tried to follow the tip from "MartinM" on a previous thread (Q: "Budapest to Bucharest, then the train from Bucharest to Sofia and then take a bus to Saloniki (20-25 euro) and then continue by train to Athens." U.), but no trains show from Budapest to Bucharest.

Can someone suggest a route? Should I book this in a different platform?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mcadv 1 June 2022, 22:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bom dia.

Not in AUG-and not before and not after, as there are NO comboios at all going in+out of GR for now-and for some time to come.

The above route is for real trainfans-or if you also want to visit such places/countries, if you simply want the most direct way; FLY (wizzair-also direct to many islands) or use BUS; FLix.

Trains from Bp to Buc do run-but one of the normal routes is closed for renovation/works for a few weeks coming summer, so only 1 other remains. What mostly happens is that people are too early (and not that trains are full so long before)-railways only want to show times when they are sure it is real-try, as always, =first the sites of the national trains (mav in HU, CFR.ro), bahn.com is in general best for nearly all of EUR-and not the app of eurail.