Solved

Can't make reservation from Paris to Caen in October

• 10 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve been trying to make reservations for travel from Paris to Caen on Oct. 7, 2023 for days. I just keep getting error messages. What good is a Eurail pass if it’s impossible to make reservations.

I want to make reservations from St. Lazare to Caen on Oct. 7 leaving at 11:00 arriving Caen at 13:00.

I’m very frustrated with your reservation.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 10 July 2023, 01:43

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is a TER regional train. Generally those trains do not have seat reservations but the ones run by the Normandy region (NOMAD trains) are an exception.

They require a 1.50€ reservation, available at any SNCF ticket machine (not anywhere else). Simply make it when you arrive in the country, availability won't be a problem.

It may be a bit annoying but it is the Normandy's regional goverment decision, not Eurail's. Frankly don't worry too much, you'll easily find seats even on the day itself.

Please also note that some trains can only be booked 60 days in advance, not the case here but just wanted to add.

Btw when you mean "your reservation" please note that nobody here works for Interrail/Eurail (except those with the logo next to their username). We are here helping people during our free time.