Solved

Can you book a panorama seat on the bernina express with a 2nd class eurail ticket?

• 21 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am planning on taking the Bernina express this summer with my interail pass. In the travel planner app it is mentioned that for this trip you have to book a supplement. I would like to book a ticket for the panorama seats, but when I look at what supplement to book, it sounds to me that you can only book such a supplement for the panorama seats if you have a 1st class interail ticket, is this correct, or is it also possible to book these seats with a second class interail ticket? If so, how does it then work?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 21 May 2023, 17:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You are much better off travelling in the reservation free coaches, which usually are much less crowded and where you should be able to lower the windows to take better photos.

Or even better, use the reservation free regional trains, bring some food and make a stop at a nice station. Stay as long as you like and then just take the next train. 

Thank you for the answer! If I decide to travel in the reservation free coaches, do I then still have to buy a supplement, as is mentioned in the rail planner app or is this not necessary? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No supplements needed for those coaches. They're always located at the front of the train btw

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The supplement: in this case a reservation is needed for the panoramic coaches. Not for the normal on the front of Bernina Express.

Okay, thank you!