Solved

Cancel seat reservations because of Covid?

• 14 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey everyone!

Situation: I'm currently stuck in Spain because I have to be in quarantine. Because of that I can't travel back my planned route and use my seat reservations. I booked all of them at a ticket office in France and Germany, so I don't have them digital, only printed with me. The first train back would originally be on the 18th of March. 

I already tried to check whether I can cancel the tickets on the internet, but DB said on its website that they aren't able to (I'm not sure about that though). 

Question: Do you know if there is any way to cancel or at least postpone the reservations? I have friends who would be able to go to a ticket office in Spain for me as well. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 March 2022, 23:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It depends on the reservations: for which trains they are. You may be able to change some. For which trains exactly are they (origin, destination, date, departure time for each of them)?

It depends on the reservations: for which trains they are. You may be able to change some. For which trains exactly are they (origin, destination, date, departure time for each of them)?

Mostly TGVs and TGV Inouis, but also regional trains. Here is the detailed trip information:

from Valencia to Madrid (regional) 18th March

Madrid to Barcelona (regional) 19th March

Barcelona to Paris (TGV) 20th March

Paris to Karlsruhe Germany (TGV Inoui) 20th March

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

DB conditions say:

• Domestic reservations in Spain:
    Exchange is possible once, before departure of the booked train (extra costs: 10% of the  old reservation). Reimbursement is possible before departure of the booked train (you get back 85%).
  • Barcelona - Paris:
    Reimbursement is possible before departure of the booked train (you get back 90%). Exchange means reimbursement and buy a new reservation.
  • Paris - Karlsruhe:
    Exchange and reimbursement is possible before departure of the booked train.

The conditions should be similar if you bought them somewhere else.

For reservations bought from DB, you'd better call DB (+49 30 2970) and ask them what you have to do to get the reservations reimbursed or changed.

The same for reservations bought from SNCF (+33 1 84 94 3635, press #85 for English).

The reservations from DB are probably in the classic international ticket format (not sure about SNCF) and such tickets usually have to be returned for reimbursement. In that case, you can ask DB if you should have them made invalid at the station in Spain (they should have a stamp "not used”), so you can return them to DB (or SNCF) later. Or maybe they have another solution.