Solved

Canceled Eurostar - what to do?

• 19 July 2022
  • 7 replies

My Ámsterdam London train just got cancelled. So I have several problems. For example, Eurail takes this first day trip as used. But that is another question I will try to solve later. 

Now I booked a ticket for brussels a 6.28am without reservation required. Should I arrive at the station way earlier as to make sure I get in? Or just having the ticket in my app should be enough?

Thanks for your help!!! 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 19 July 2022, 23:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the Eurostar got cancelled it is Eurostar's responsibility to arrange new transportation for you. 

@rvdborgt @Angelo  @seewulf  What is the advice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

To contact Eurostar is my advice.

For your trip to Brussel, what do you mean that you have book a ticket? IC to Brussel you can use with your Eurail pass. I would ask help at Amsterdam station to rebook you, but NS staff is often not so nice, when they can't help you go with the first IC to Brussel and there you have Eurostar Staff. They will probably rebook for you a new reservation for the first train available.

Thanks. I'll try to hop on a train to brussels wednesday morning and booked a flight for the afternoon. Expensive But the safest play.

The CENTRAAL was chaos today. No eurostar staff present. Ns personal doing their Best. 

Still have to figure out how eurail can return the date i didnt use. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Contact Customer Support through the form below, explain what has happened and clearly write that you are currently travelling.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks. I'll try to hop on a train to brussels wednesday morning and booked a flight for the afternoon. Expensive But the safest play.

The CENTRAAL was chaos today. No eurostar staff present. Ns personal doing their Best. 

Still have to figure out how eurail can return the date i didnt use. 

There is no Eurostarstaff at the service desk in my experience. As NS International offer their service in Amsterdam.

Did the entire journey got canceled or did they just say the part from Amsterdam? Quite often you are just booked from Brussels and have to cover somehow (e.g.reservation free Intercity) to Brussels. 
In my experince Eurostar is responsible to organise your Journey as you had a valid ticket for them. Rebook you on the next possible train and even provide if needed a Hotel for you or worstcase

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

UPDATE: 
Eurostar add an additional train today from Brussel to London for passengers affected from this cancellation. For information about the currently situation, please check eurostar.com and also social media of the company. 

Just to update. Finally they added a train from Brussels (first they said 2pm, then 5pm) and we could make it to London one day later.

Thanks for your comments and help. It was all quite stressful, but finally made it!