Solved

cancelling seat reservations

• 3 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, I’m planning to go to France (Lille-Lyon) and am curious if anyone has experience with the following: 

I’m comparing booking a seat reservation via the travel.b-europe website and via the interrail website, and I am particularly interested in the refund policy. I found this:

• Interrail website: cost of seat reservation: 12 euros, yet I did not find whether you could get a full refund when cancelling before departure.
  • Travel.b-europe: cost of seat reservation: 20 euros, and it seems you could get full refund if you cancel before departure (so-called “High Flex” fare, yet there aren’t many details about it to be found, so I am not so sure about this one either).

Could anyone confirm or correct the information I found, as it could be possible I will have to cancel this trip because of personal reasons, and that’s why I am searching for the most convenient ticket option.

Thank you very much for your help!

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 21 August 2022, 15:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I appreciate that this information is likely too late to be useful, but just in case you were still wondering: our refund policy for reservations can be found under Appendix I of our Booking Conditions. Generally speaking, domestic French journeys are 60% refundable provided that the journey is canceled at least 2 days prior to departure. You can cancel a journey in your reservations overview by clicking on the trash bin icon next to the relevant reservation. In the event of cancellations/delays/strikes, you can always reach out to our customer service team so that we can request a full refund on your behalf. Unfortunately we can't speak for the refund policies of SNCB International.