Solved

Cannot book return from London to Paris but shows seats available

I am trying to book a return trip from London to Paris. Of course, very frustrating because very limited seat reservation availability. It keeps showing that there is availability for this return but then becomes unavailable when it is the order review. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 11 June 2022, 14:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jmt5 

How many travelers in your group? and which travelclass? I just had a quick search and couldn´t find any 2nd class seats left for the 19.01 (7.01pm) train
Sundays are always difficult with Railpass due the weekend tourists :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have mobile or old style paper pass?

€* and in fact ALL FRench superfast trains (thalys, TGV) have a small quota for passholders-if this is fully, then there will still be seats, but not for that (in their perception) low extra. I guess (also from many other same reports) that the system only noted this after first general check.
It IS possible to book online €* via b-rail, extra fee 4€, need passcover nr-this may take a while to get from service.

Or call SNCF-line 85 in /en/ and hope&pray you do not get the agent that fobs off passholders by telling you need AmEx (nonsense).

The supplmt for €* is 30€-their lowest advance fare is from 38 or 39-but you wont get that on short notice in hi-season.

As you likely travel further; best is to forget via this app-use the normal ways people do, listed per country in the overveiw of seewulf.

Passes are not meant to just cart off a few hi-speed lines, but to explore the many byways and sidelines that EUR has an awful lot of-and USA not.

There are 3 travelers and we have mobile global

passes—first class. The strange thing is that it shows availability for 3 1st class seats and let’s me add to the cart. It is at the order review that shows no longer available. I may try b-europe to see if it works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

At the moment there are 3 pass holder seats in 1st class available on 2 trains on the 26thof June, see picture.

You can check this at:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#Outbound

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail