Skip to main content

I thought from the main Reservations thread that one could use ‘ Interrail.eu/Eurail.com reservation service (+ 2 EUR/train booking fee - reservation included)’ for Italy-Austria-Germany. This is for 2 November.

But I cannot get there - when I log into interrail.eu, it says:

Ah, Interrail have got back on this one - though it means I have to pay E1 more (not much I know but it’s taken me hours to look into this too), and I guess set up yet another train company account (that’ll be Interrail, DB, Trainline, RailEurope plus now OBB - and I have Eurostar too):

“As per the more frustrating part, which is booking through us - In this case this means that the train is either sold out, or there is a temporary problem with the ticket distributor which makes reservations unavailable in the systems of intermediaries (like us).

Luckily, in case of trains on November 2nd, it's the latter, meaning you can book directly with the carrier. “

For my reservations over the summer for a single train I used OBB tickets app €3 per train and DB navigator for multiple trains €6.50 per journey multiple trains.

i realise it’s extra accounts but the DB and OBB apps are better than the Interrail app 

that’s what worked for me on my 3 month trip over the summer 

For my reservations over the summer for a single train I used OBB tickets app €3 per train and DB navigator for multiple trains €6.50 per journey multiple trains.

i realise it’s extra accounts but the DB and OBB apps are better than the Interrail app 

that’s what worked for me on my 3 month trip over the summer 

On the Railjet train to/from Italy you need to pay a supplement. If you buy it via Interrail.eu, DB (Interrail Reservations Booking Website not the normal one) and ÖBB (1st class) you get a reservation for free. Via ÖBB the reservation is 3€ more in 2nd class.