Solved

Cannot reserve seat from MARNE Paris to Schiphol airporty

• 11 November 2022
  • 2 replies

hi, actually i m holding Eurail global mobile pass and i want to book seat reservation for attached journey, MARNE LA VALLEE CHESSY (France) to Schiphol Airport on 27/11, but it shows price unavailable. Nonetheless, i check from Thalys website ( as attached), the train is not full,

Q1) Can i go to Schiphol airport counter and reserve my seat when we reach on 17/11?

Q2) If i aldy secure seat for other timing, is it possible to change to another time slot? or seat reservation is not refundable & exchangeable? Thanks

Q3) Can I top up the diff 1st class and 2nd class as 1st class seat are still available. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 11 November 2022, 06:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thalys offer limited numbers of spaces for passholders, once sold out they do not sell any more by any means, so you won’t be able to reserve this at a station now either.

You cannot buy a 1st class reservation and upgrade to 1st class with a 2nd class ticket/pass.

You haven’t said what times you are looking for, as there are no spaces left on Thalys from Paris either that day, the best option will be to book

Marne-la-Vallée - Chessy to Lille Europe here https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish using pass cover number from here

Then walk from Lille Europe to Lille Flanders (about 500m) and use reservation free regional/Inter City train connections from there to Schiphol. These connctions run hourly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You should pick an itinerary indeed via Lille. Interrail/Eurail pass p'aces are fully booked. There you have multiple options: you might be able to take a Eurostar to Rotterdam or Amsterdam, where you can travel easily by regional trains to Schiphol.

Or you get a reservation on a TGV to Brussels, where you can change for the reservation free hourly intercities direct to Schiphol. (Ordinary tickets for that TGV are also reasonably priced, probably cheaper than pass+reservation)

Or you take the regional option. Take the train to Kortrijk/Courtrai, change there to Antwerp, change in Antwerp to the hourly IC to Rotterdam- Schiphol-Amsterdam. No need for reservations on this one, but it takes the longest time.