Solved

Cant set up trip or make reservations

• 1 March 2022
  • 7 replies

I have a ticket but can’t create a trip.  There is simply nothing on the trips and travellers page when I try.  This seems to mean that I can’t book any trains.  Please help.  I am now stuck away from home.  

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 March 2022, 22:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's an issue on the Interrail website in these areas since today. Hopefully, they'll be able to resolve it soon.

Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated.  Unfortunately I can’t wait for them to resolve the issue as I am stuck somewhere I don’t want to be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you mention the exact trains you'd like to book (departure, destination, date, time), then people can suggest alternative places to book.

I was trying to get to Paris from Lille but at the moment I am wondering if I should just go home if I can’t actually book trains etc.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you're currently in France, just go to a ticket office. That's also cheaper than using Interrail's service, which has an extra 2 EUR fee per seat.

Alternatively, you can book TGVs via Belgian railways (4 EUR fee per order) but you need a pass cover number, which is on the paper pass cover or if you have a mobile pass, you can request one here.

You can also call Belgian railways, which has no booking fee but phone costs instead; no pass cover number needed. Reservation is still delivered as a PDF via mail.

Super helpful (unlike app and website). Thanks.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just to update you, in case you will have to plan for more trips: the trips& travellers and reservation tool issue have been resolved as of yesterday afternoon. Cheers,