Solved

Centovalli route, Domodosolla-Locarno; reservation

• 1 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I booked an interrailpass for August. We want to join the Centovalli route from Domodossolla to Locarno. On the website from interrail it says that we can use our interrailpass on the hole route of the Centovalli route. But if I click on the website of the centovalli route it says I have to book tickets and make a reservation. I can not make a note or something to say that I have an interrailpass. Can someone tell me how to make a reservation for this route? Did someone maybe already take this route? 

I would like to hear if someone knows something about this :)) 

Greetings!

Naomi 

icon

Best answer by runner.on.rails 1 August 2021, 15:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello!

I booked an interrailpass for August. We want to join the Centovalli route from Domodossolla to Locarno. On the website from interrail it says that we can use our interrailpass on the hole route of the Centovalli route. But if I click on the website of the centovalli route it says I have to book tickets and make a reservation. I can not make a note or something to say that I have an interrailpass. Can someone tell me how to make a reservation for this route? Did someone maybe already take this route? 

I would like to hear if someone knows something about this :)) 

Greetings!

Naomi 

Hello Naomi

Yes, the route is valild with interrail. For switzerland (and whole centovalli route is somehow considered as being part of swiss public transport network), you can use following map:

https://www.sbb.ch/content/dam/infrastruktur/trafimage/karten/karte-geltungsbereich-InterRail-EuRail.pdf

(Not right now since SBB website is down)

You don’t need to reserve seats in advance.

In some italian trains they will charge you a supplement of 1.50 because they say it would be special panoramic carriages. In fact its not, its just a modern shit.

You can find out which trains will require the supplement in sbb’s online timetable. Those trains are marked with SZ.

Thank you for the extensive information :)