Solved

Change seat reservation on SNCF

• 19 June 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m planning to go to France this summer with the One Country Pass and I’ve some question related to it. 

1. Is it possible to change the travel date/time after I’ve booked my seat via Interrail (before the travel date/time of course) ? 
  2. If the answer is “Yes” to the previous question: Do I have to pay anything extra? 
icon

Best answer by AnnaB 19 June 2022, 18:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do NOT use the REServ way via app etc-it simply leads to too many problems

Best way in FR is when IN the country via a machine (for a few days later) or CALL SNCF on its /en/ line. Untill end of covid these were assumed to be able to change (same route only perhaps other date/time) for free at a counter, but I dont know actual situation-if this has changed. Also DO note that its mandatory for all its fast TGV and IC-trains but NOT for the many more TER locals-they may be slower, but often you can do same trip. Its 10€ when you are lucky to be IN the quota for passes, and 20€ out-untill fully booked. Though I suspect the quota is 0 on very populair days/times/routes.

And also-as so many seem clueless: it really is ONLY IN France valid-not on sections out of FR even when its still the same TGV. Ans 1-country is NOT for sale to French people!

Due to rather small quota it may very well be that you got a 10€ for 1st booking, but if you want to change, the other train has no more-then you have to pay 10 extra to reach 20! IF it works with refund the other way-possible as such-I really dont know

Do NOT use the REServ way via app etc-it simply leads to too many problems

Best way in FR is when IN the country via a machine (for a few days later) or CALL SNCF on its /en/ line. Untill end of covid these were assumed to be able to change (same route only perhaps other date/time) for free at a counter, but I dont know actual situation-if this has changed. Also DO note that its mandatory for all its fast TGV and IC-trains but NOT for the many more TER locals-they may be slower, but often you can do same trip. Its 10€ when you are lucky to be IN the quota for passes, and 20€ out-untill fully booked. Though I suspect the quota is 0 on very populair days/times/routes.

And also-as so many seem clueless: it really is ONLY IN France valid-not on sections out of FR even when its still the same TGV. Ans 1-country is NOT for sale to French people!

Due to rather small quota it may very well be that you got a 10€ for 1st booking, but if you want to change, the other train has no more-then you have to pay 10 extra to reach 20! IF it works with refund the other way-possible as such-I really dont know

So, as you say, I have to pay for a seat reservation on Intercite trains (IC trains)? I thought it was only applicable on TGV trains (in France). 

PS: I do not live in France, so the One Country pass for France is no issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here you can read about reservations in France.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/reservations/reservations-france

If ‘Unlimited Exchange’ option is available at the time of the seat reservation (High Flex), does it mean that I can change my travel time as much as I want without any extra cost?