Solved

Changing pass number on reservation

• 21 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 17 replies

Are you able to request to change the pass numbers  on seat reservations from TrenItalia (booked via Interrail)?

icon

Best answer by MartinM 21 April 2022, 15:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Why?

I think-for the IC-treni (cost 3€) it hardly matters-they wont check if it is for that pass, as long as you sit in the allocated seat/right date/right train.

For the Frecce treni (most cost 10€) it may vary-if you have some time and if you speekee/parlate the italiano enough you could ask at the stazione-after having waited a few hrs in line. 

For overnight trains its probably much more difficult

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Don’t think anyone will care about the Interrail number on the reservation… as long as you have a valid reservation and an Interrail pass, there will be to 99% no problem… no one cares what number is written on the reservation.

For the Frecce treni (most cost 10€) it may vary-if you have some time and if you speekee/parlate the italiano enough you could ask at the stazione-after having waited a few hrs in line. 

A few hours in line? I don’t know in which Italian city you’ve been but I’ve never spent long time waiting in a queue… not in Firenze, Roma or Milano… 

Badge

So you can use the seat with a different pass than the one that is written on the seat reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So you can use the seat with a different pass than the one that is written on the seat reservation?

Yes, as said to 99% they won’t care about this. Main thing is having a valid reservation as otherwise you will pay an extra service fee on the train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your pass number is not displayed on the reservation, but the train conductor will cross check your name and other details. Generally speaking only your name and date of birth are displayed on the reservation. 

@Claudi. For reservations done via Interrial/Eurail for Trenitalia, the pass number is displayed on the reservation.