Solved

Charles de Gaulle Étoile station part of RER line? But it says pass is not covered

Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 16 replies

Since the eurail pass covers RER SNCF only and not metro in Paris, looking online it says the Charles de Gaulle Étoile station is a part of RER line A but it says pass not covered? i’m obviously going wrong somewhere lol

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 9 August 2022, 09:27

View original

7 replies

Badge +1

from gare de lyon

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The RER are partly operated by SNCF. You can use it with Interrail only in the sections where SNCF operates the RER line. 

Réseau Express Régional - Wikipedia

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The RER are partly operated by SNCF. You can use it with Interrail only in the sections where SNCF operates the RER line.

Although the rail planner app and the France page say none of the RER trains are included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Is this rule new? Because I'm sure it was possible on the SNCF part.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is this rule new? Because I'm sure it was possible on the SNCF part.

It's been a year or so since I noticed. You could ask SNCF if this information is correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Last news-but that was also pre-covid so may have changed-as it was leading to utmost confusion: on OUTER ends=out of Paris it was responsible as SNCF=valid, but IN Paris its RATP and not accepted. So you could use pass to go TO Paris but not reverse. And even then only till old station under the terminus of SNCF long ago.

But meanwhile some of these RER-lines are very long now-till over 60KMs out of the centre and include famous touristy places like Versailles and Fontainebleau

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Intercity transport services are, generally speaking, not included in our pass network. In France this includes Ouigo trains, the Ouibus, RER/Transilien/Metro trains and all regional transport operated by Transdev.