Solved

Christmas and New year train Paris- Barcelona running?

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I will be travelling to Europe from 23/12/22 to January. I will be in Berlin, Germany from 23rd and going to Munich,Germany until 26th. Then leave for Switzerland France etc. I am planning to take the train from Paris to Barcelona,Spain on the 1/1/23. First day of 2023. Does the train run on that day?
Will appreciate all the help, thanks.

icon

Best answer by MartinM 27 July 2022, 09:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note: selamat pagi, disini dari Yurman, this from DE=Germany. HERE the complete transit stops on the afternoon of 24/12 and only restarts sometime in the morning 25/12. That is Xmas EVE (Heiligabend) that is the most important thing. On both Xmas days a normal-slightly reduced service should run (for trains-many minor buslines will not run those days).

IF that train is planned to run on 1/1 (nouvelle annee in FR)-maybe, probably yes, but maybe not all what would run on sundays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Some trains might be not running but in general there is a decent service available.
You can check with previous year timetable if the trains you are planning to use were running (although keep in mind that it was still corona during that time).

And while planning also keep in mind that there might be again some restrictions due to corona or also due to the Russian war in Ukraine.