Solved

Cinque 'Terre Express' Trains - Schedule Unavailable Beyond June 11 2022

• 10 April 2022
  • 1 reply

On July 21, my family and I will travel from Riomaggiore to Levanto, then on to Milan.

Based on the current schedule, and what I see in Eurail.com, I’m fairly confident that we’ll be able to catch one of the frequent ‘Terre Express’ trains that go between La Spezia and Levanto.

Does anyone know when the ‘Terre Express’ schedule will be extended beyond June 11, to include July 21?

The impression I get from Eurail.com, and some posts in the Community is that it’s not possible to  reserve Terre Express seats online.  Is that true?

As I understand it, our Eurail passes will allow us to board free of charge.  But will we have to first show our passes at the station ticket window?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 April 2022, 05:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trenitalia are always late publishing their timetables. Long distance trains for the summer timetable (starting 12 June) have already been published on www.trenitalia.com, but regional trains will only appear later still and that also applies to the Cinque Terre Express. There aren't likely to be many changes though and I understand that this year the Cinque Terre Express runs until the beginning of November.

It's correct that reservation is not possible. You don't have to show your passes to anyone except the ticket inspector on the train. Just fill in the travel diary or add the train to My pass (mobile pass) before boarding.