Solved

Cities missing on Rail Planner app (like Beograd and Sarajevo)

• 30 July 2022
  • 1 reply

In the rain planner I can’t find cities like Beograd or Sarajevo which makes it difficult to find the train connection from there to other cities. Has anyone the same issues and is able to help me how to book the train without needing to pay for it?

thanks for York help. 

p.S. I am in Budapest right now and want to see the south East of Europe . Which city do you recommend tk visit next?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 August 2022, 15:00

View original

1 reply

In the rain planner I can’t find cities like Beograd or Sarajevo which makes it difficult to find the train connection from there to other cities. Has anyone the same issues and is able to help me how to book the train without needing to pay for it?

thanks for York help. 

p.S. I am in Budapest right now and want to see the south East of Europe . Which city do you recommend tk visit next?

Hello!

Thank you for your question, please accept my apology for the late response!
The reason why you don't see any trains on the timetable, is because not all train carriers share their timetable with us.

It is also important mentioning that train services in the Balkans and Eastern Europe remain quite problematic at the moment being. For this reason, we would recommend that you check this page on our website, Travel disruptions in Europe:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/travel-disruptions

I would advise you to check timetables and updates by the railway companies of each country respectively and book via their website or locally at the train station.

In such cases, you can also try and add a journey manually. To add a journey manually, please do the following:

At timetable section, you may type in some random characters within the "From" field. Because the timetable won't recognize any stations, it will give you the option to add a station manually. Click on this option and you can proceed to enter the journey details manually, and then add it to your pass so as to have the right QR for travelling.

I hope this information helps!

Kind regards,

Annie