Solved

COMPRA DE TIQUETES EN RENFE CON PASE DE EURAIL

• 17 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, I reside in the Dominican Republic. I have a Eurail pass, for my wife and I. We want to travel during the month of July 2024 from Madrid to Barcelona, ​​and from Barcelona to Paris. I must purchase both routes with Renfe. They tell me on the phone line that I must purchase them in person at the Station because I have the Eurail pass. Could you tell me if this information is correct? And, if so, how much would be the discount that Renfe would give me?
icon

Best answer by ralderton 17 April 2024, 13:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Some RENFE reservations can be bought online, for others you need to do it at a station, unfortunately. There’s a good guide to the prices and how to book here: 

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm#Spain

For Madrid to Barcelona, it should be €10 in second class. You might be able to buy this online, via the Eurail website.

For Barcelona to Paris, it’s €35 if you travel on the French TGV. You can buy this online. The best website to do this is raileurope.com.

If you travel on the Spanish AVE, you have to buy at a Spanish ticket office (you can do it in Madrid).  It’s much cheaper.

oh, thank you. It´s very kind of you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

oh, thank you. It´s very kind of you.

No problem. Feel free to ask more questions if you get stuck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

If you travel on the Spanish AVE, you have to buy at a Spanish ticket office (you can do it in Madrid).  It’s much cheaper.

Unfortunately there is no AVE yet from Barcelona to Paris, so the only option is the TGV (bookable through raileurope.com).