Solved

copenhagen: train within city

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Arriving at DFDS terminal Copenhagen by ferry, need to get to Copenhagen central station. There is a train station very close to the terminal: Østerport St.

Interail app only know one (!) Train station in Copenhagen. My question: Can I use my railpass for this 6 minutes train from Østerport St. To Copenhagen central. Add it manually? Problem is can't find train number via DSB app, just says 're' train

And/or: seat réservation needed? Then it's off course better to pay for a shuttle bus

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 24 August 2022, 18:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The name of the station in the planner is Oesterport

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your pass is valid in all trains (regional trains, S-Tog, intercity etc.) from Østerport. It is not valid in the metro.

Badge +1

Thank you both 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The TRAINs (toget) are by DSB and RED-the local S-bahn look much like a long snake with short cars attached to next one.

The metro (which may also serve East-port) has white sets and runs without driver. It will charge a very high fine if they catch you without valid ticket. Its cars are notably smaller.

Centr St; hovedbanegarden in DK. Be aware that it also has a few platforms hidden/far away from the main hall-for some trains to SE=Sverige