Skip to main content
Solved

Dacia Express reservation

• 1 June 2024
  • 7 replies

The Dacia Express night train seems to have no availability at all for three months, I want a seat from Szolnok to Simeria and are no dates with availability on Interrail site or OBB. Is this normal, can it be booked elsewhere?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey!

i could book it without problems on ÖBB website. I guess the mistake was, that you choose „reservation only“. You should instead add interrail as a discount and use the normal ticket option instead of the reservation only…

Good luck! It’s one of the best European train rides IMO :)

Badge

Martin you are a genius! I can’t believe it was that easy! Here’s hoping my connection to Szolnok arrives on time because it’s a 10minute gap…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Definitely ask onboard staff to hold the connection if needed. The more east you go the more often it works.

Badge

You on my train to Szolnok, ask them to ask the Dacia to wait at Szolnok for longer if there is a delay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes exactly.

Just by curiosity: which train are you taking to Szolnok? The Dacia leaves Budapest at around 10pm.

Badge

this is the plan, coming from Liptovsky Mikulas, to Trvana, then to what you can see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Okay I see. It is a bit risky indeed but maybe you have to leave after 3pm? Otherwise I'd suggest this:

- EX  Liptovsky Mikulas - Kosice 14:47 - 16:43

- IC Kosice - Budapest-Keleti 18:01 - 21:47

- Dacia Budapest-Keleti - Simeria 23:05* - 07:10

*usually boarding possible from 22:30.

Maybe Rail Planner didn't suggest it as it takes 50 min longer. That's why I prefer to split long journeys and also use DB Navigator or the companies planners.

(That way the journey will also use a single pass day.)

EDIT: btw (as you might've seen) there's a through couchette carriage to Cluj but it doesn't seem available online annoyingly... it would be very convenient I guess. Maybe try calling the ÖBB or DB helpline?