Solved

DB Seat Reservation - shouldn't it have a qr code on it?

Got my DB seat reservation, it doesn’t have a QR code or anything like that. Is that how it’s supposed to be? Just wondering if anyone has experience with DB reservations.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 June 2022, 22:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It doesn’t need a QR code so it doesn't have one.

Userlevel 1

I have some experience with DB seat only reservations. Indeed there is no QR code. Don’t worry, that’s the way it is. In general, DB is open access, reservation is never mandatory. In fact, even at ticket check, they don’t seem to bother too much about it. They will check your ticket only. However, this is still very useful to make a reservation in my opinion, especially during heavily travelled periods. And DB has the Interrail friendliest seat reservation system in Europe, where you can choose your seat on a seat map.

I have some experience with DB seat only reservations. Indeed there is no QR code. Don’t worry, that’s the way it is. In general, DB is open access, reservation is never mandatory. In fact, even at ticket check, they don’t seem to bother too much about it. They will check your ticket only. However, this is still very useful to make a reservation in my opinion, especially during heavily travelled periods. And DB has the Interrail friendliest seat reservation system in Europe, where you can choose your seat on a seat map.

Thanks! I didn’t see the map myself, but I did get a good seat with a window. But since you have experience, could you help me figure out what this means? I think I know but I just wanna make sure.

On my reservation it says ‘1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Wg. 12, PL 56, 1 Fenster, Abteil.’ Now if my german is alright that means, ‘1 Seat, 1st class, car 12, seat 56’ Right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On my reservation it says ‘1 Sitzplatz, 1. Klasse, Wg. 12, PL 56, 1 Fenster, Abteil.’ Now if my german is alright that means, ‘1 Seat, 1st class, car 12, seat 56’ Right?

Correct. It continues with: 1 Window, Compartment.

Correct. It continues with: 1 Window, Compartment.

Great! Thanks for the info!