Solved

Delay compensation- no response

• 28 April 2022
  • 8 replies

• Right on track
  • 4 replies

I think it's very wired that I submitted the delay compensation form (https://www.eurail.com/en/help/delay-compensation) twice but nobody came to contact me nor did I receive any compensation. I'm wondering if I can find someone help me here.

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 3 August 2022, 10:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When did you submit it? Delay compensation must be paid within 1 month.

I did once in mid-March and once in mid-April. Not sure which dates as I did not even receive an email confirmation. After submission the screen said that response will be made in 10 days though.

When did you submit it? Delay compensation must be paid within 1 month.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

That’s not OK. You should have received a refund within a month, as @rvdborgt said. You can check the EU Passenger Rights for more information: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/rail/index_en.htm.

After posting here I sent eurail an email and then they processed it quickly. Now I already got the compensation in my account. I should have nothing more to say but I think for such an ordinary issue they should not wait for one month and a half without taking any action before my email arrives.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Good to hear that it’s solved :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am relieved to hear that you've finally received delay compensation and we're sorry that it took so long to resolve your request. We currently have longer processing times due to a high demand, but we hope to improve on this soon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am relieved to hear that you've finally received delay compensation and we're sorry that it took so long to resolve your request. We currently have longer processing times due to a high demand, but we hope to improve on this soon. 

Another pointless response to months old dead thread, spend less time doing this and maybe you can concentrate on active issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Al_G, thanks for your feedback. We are currently working on both old and new requests in the best way possible. The reason why we are also handling old ones is because it could also possibly help other travellers landing on this thread.