Solved

Delivery by post reservations - issue

• 30 April 2022
  • 8 replies

I want to book a reservation from Paris- Barcelona and Barcelona - Marseille. Both can only be delivered by post. I‘m leaving tomorrow so i can’t use my own adress and wanted to use the one of my second hostel. I‘m staying there 06.05-10.05 and the reservations are for 13.05 and 17.05. i filled out the adress and everything but below there was a message that due to their calculations it won’t arrive on time. I don’t know how long the shipping takes but i‘m confused on how to book those reservations. Is my only option at a train station ? It’s still 14 days away so i don’t get why it won’t arrive in time ? Booking at a train station seems risky because what am i gonna do if the train is full for that specific day ?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 30 April 2022, 21:34

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can buy reservations for the TGV/AVE France-Barcelona via Deutsche Bahn Reisezentrum

You can also buy it at SNCF Desks in France.

P.S. but only some seats per train are possible to use with Interrail, and so the reservations can get very soon sold out.

P.P.S. Maybe you have to try some DB Reisezentrum (Ticket Office), because not all people who works there knows how it works to do the reservation. In bigger stations, they should know. 

Okay thanks a lot

Do you know if they still send you the reservations by post or if i can use them only digital or print at home ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to go to the Ticket Office and you get reservations on paper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Okay thanks a lot

Do you know if they still send you the reservations by post or if i can use them only digital or print at home ?

do you mean Interrail or DB?

Reservations for this trains between France and Spain are only on paper. 

Okay thanks for letting me know

i wasn’t sure if train connections in spain and france can be booked via deutsche Bahn, but i‘ll try it. :) and it’s just the reservation for the interrail pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Via DB you can buy reservations for TGV/ICE/Thalys from Germany to France (except TGV Freiburg-Paris) and TGV/AVE France-Barcelona. Trains within France are not possible to get via DB. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trains within France are not possible to get via DB. 

Not anymore unfortunately. DB used to sell reservations for almost every train in Europe :(

Thanks to everyone 

i was able to book my last two reservations at the DB Reisezentrum in Munich :)