Solved

"Details unavailable"

• 2 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Full steam ahead
  • 23 replies

Hi! I’ve been searching for the best train connections on multiple sites (interrail site, railplanner app and DB) but now I wanted to check if these trains are included in the interrail pass. One of my trains (Triëste - Ljubljana) showed up on the interrail website as “Details unavailable”. It’s a RE train so I think it’s without reservations but it crosses the border (so I’m not sure anymore). 

I don’t want to book this train, just want to know if I can take it (without reservations). 

This also showed up for the S-bahn from Brennero Brenner to Innsbruck, but the interrail site (https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-austria) told me that it’s included. I checked the page for Slovenia (https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-slovenia) but the Trieste-Ljubljana route isn’t listed under the international routes.

Does someone know if this train is included in the pass or not? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MartinM 2 August 2021, 12:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey!

Yes, it is included. It says only that there is no seat reservation possible (regional train).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Correct as it´s a regional train no reservation needed :)
I guess you will arrive from Venice? 19minutes in Trieste can be quite short :)

There are still 2 trains later on this day :) there is a Eurocity via Lubljana to Vienna arround lunchtime and in the eve once more a regionaltrain :)

I recommend to stop on Postonja for the famous caves :) As you have a stopover of 6hrs in Lubljana i guess you will have enough time to explore the caves :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@seewulf Yes, I will come from Venice and head towards Ljubljana then Zagreb and then take the nighttrain towards Split! I haven’t been to Ljubljana so I was planning on visiting the city in those 6hours :) I haven’t heard about the caves tho, I’ll look ‘em up!

Is 19minutes not enough to change trains? I don’t think Trieste Centrale is really big (am i wrong? haha) so I thought 20minutes should be more than enough, even when there’s let’s say a 10min delay, no?:sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SVdV 

Till yet i always had more than 20minutes delay on my journey´s when i arrived in Trieste :D

Offical website of the cave :)

When are you intending to travel? :)

I will be on the 9th in Venice and then on 10th August drive via Vienna to Split arrival on 11th and catch in the eve the Nighttrain to Budapest :D 

on the 16th i intend to catch the Graz - Lubljana -  Trieste Eurocity and stay once more in Venice :D

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@seewulf well I’m travelling end of august and begin of september so I’ll be in Venice starting 30th of august :sweat_smile:

Well I will just hope I won’t be 20minutes late then haha, Otherwise, I believe there was some kind of law that the train company that had the delay had to pay for your new trains or something like that (I heard about it 3y ago when I first did interrail) so I’ll hope that’s true hahaha.

Anyway, I’m more worried about catching these trains, 13minutes in Frankfurt should be enough I hope but there’s not a lot of extra time obviously. I believe this is the best connection because the EC train needs reservations when in Italy if I’m not mistaken. 

But if I miss one there’s normally another connection I can get on, so eventually I’ll get there I guess ;).

And if I would miss the train in Trieste Centrale, can I take this train as a backup plan? I can’t find if it’s included with interrail or not (the first train never comes up)..