Solved

Deutsche Bahn Reservation cannot be made

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’ve been trying to reserve seats for myself and 4 friends on Deutsche Bahn, from Amsterdam Centraal to Duisburg HBF. Specifically the 20:28 - 23:03 on the 29th July 2024. The interrail website says unable to reserve seats, interrail support suggested booking on the Deutsche Bahn website directly. However when I try to checkout  I get the following error : “Reservation cannot be made”. I can see there are plenty seats still left on the train. I have tried to contact deutsche Bahn via email but have received no response and am unable to connect through phone.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

icon

Best answer by ralderton 10 April 2024, 18:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should be able to reserve this on the ÖBB website for €3 per person.

oebb.at

Select ‘seat reservation only’.

You should be able to reserve this on the ÖBB website for €3 per person.

oebb.at

Select ‘seat reservation only’.

Thanks! Worked perfectly. At checkout I was able to book a seat for 3euro and upgrade to first class for -3euro per ticket. This means my total came to 0 euros. I’m a bit skeptical about whether or not I’ve managed to book a seat then, because I’ve managed to upgrade to a more expensive seat for free. I was wondering if you’d be able to confirm if this screenshot here means I’ve managed to book a seat or not? Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a first class pass? You can only travel in first class if you do - this is just a seat reservation, not a ticket.

Reservations are free for first class ticket/ passholders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations are free for first class ticket/ passholders.

I thought ÖBB had discontinued this for 1st class pass holders but it seems it still works for the ICEs from Amsterdam and Brussels...